Submitted by Sudha
on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 13:00
Dear Mentors, Lead Teachers and Facilitators,
This summer, please provide time for teachers at your QuarkNet program do the following: (Some workshops have more requirements.)
- Teacher Implementation Survey
- to be completed by ALL teachers of all summer programs, workshops, institutes etc. at any center
- complete by end of summer workshop
- takes 20-30 min
- Tiny URL - http://tinyurl.com/qnw15s1.
- Participant Satisfaction Survey
- to be completed ONLY by participants at Data Camp or one of the 5 Data Workshops at Syracuse, Hopkin, Kansas, Fermilab, or William and Mary; this provides formative data for these workshops.
- complete at end of Data Camp or Data Workshop
- takes about 10 minutes
- Tiny URL - http://tinyurl.com/qnw15s2.
- Facilitator Survey
- to be completed ONLY by facilitators/leaders of Data Camp and Data Workshops.
- complete any time the week after Data Camp or Data Workshop
- Tiny URL - http://tinyurl.com/qnw15s3.
- Update personal profiles on the website with this guide - by everyone. (Tiny URL - http://tinyurl.com/qn15prfl.)
- Confirm DAQ number(s) AND how they used the detector with students this year - by people with detectors.
All teachers and mentors must be members of the QuarkNet website and members of their center group on the site. They must keep their information on the site current and know how to find their group.
- Bring in new members.
- fill out the registration - for new Cosmic, CMS, or LIGO e-Lab accounts. (Tiny URL - http://tinyurl.com/qnw15reg.)
Teachers must sign in each day. The sign-in sheet should, minimally, have spaces for the name and signature of each teacher as well as time in and time out. Send the completed sign-in sheets to Anne Zakas. Originals are preferred; mail to:
QuarkNet Center at Notre Dame
Department of Physics
225 Nieuwland Science Hall
Notre Dame IN 46556
Alternatively, scan and e-mail to Anne, firstname.lastname@example.org.