Minnesota QuarkNet Teacher Workshop Agenda 2015
Tuesday, 16 June, 2015 - Physics & Nanotechnology Building (PAN), Room 120
9:00 Introductions, overview of day and summer
9:30 Classroom Activities (Found in Data Portfolio)
- Review "Calculate the Z Mass" Activity
- J/Psi - Data Preview, Mass Calculation
10:00 Speaker: Marco Peloso (Cosmology)
11:00 Set Criteria for J/Psi
- How are muons detected in LHC detectors? (Click here for interactive detector animation)
- What are criteria for rating each J/Psi candidate? (Click here for info on CMS J/Psi measurement)
12:00 Lunch Talk: Mark Pepin (Dark Matter)
1:15 Analysis of J/Psi Data (done in pairs; 100 events/group)
- Click Here for iSpy Online (be sure to open correct group of data)
- Click Here for spreadsheet to record results (be sure line corresponds to proper event)
2:00 View/Discuss Results of J/Psi Analysis
3:30 Future meetings this summer: CRMD? Elab? Location? Roles/Responsibilities?
4:00 Workshop concludes for day - as long as you can answer "yes" to:
1) Do you know your drupal account info? Is your account info updated including CRMD #?
2) Do you have your CMS and/or CRMD e-Lab account info?
3) Before end of workshop - complete "Teacher Implementation Survey" only.
Thursday, 13 August, 2015 - Irondale High School (Room 336), 2425 Long Lake Rd., New Brighton, MN 55112
9:00-4:00 (1 hour lunch) Cosmic Ray Detector Workshop
- Cosmic Ray Workshop Presentation
- Cosmic Ray Detector Resources (From Cosmic Ray E-Lab "Library")
- Any detector to build? (See resources for instructions)
- Plateu Detectors
- Decide on study...collect data
- Upload and Data Analysis
- Collect Data overnight
Friday, 14 August, 2015 - Irondale High School (Room 336), 2425 Long Lake Rd., New Brighton, MN 55112
- Upload Data - Analyze in e-Lab
- Implementation discussion
- "Must Do" items - Do "Implementation Survey" and "Update QuarkNet Website"