How to ...
Submitted by eperonja
on Monday, June 3, 2013 - 11:54
Steps to create different things in Drupal
First, probing questions:
When should I update my profile?
I knew you'd ask that. You should update your profile:
- any time there is a change in your contact information, school status, etc.
- if you get or give up a cosmic ray detector, in which case you should edit that part of your profile.
You should also check it each spring before June 1 to be sure it is all correct and edit it if not.
I knew you'd ask that, too. Your profile information goes into a QuarkNet database that gives us your contact information, your school status, which cosmic ray detector you might have (by DAQ serial number), etc. Basically, all the stuff we need to keep you active in QuarkNet from the administrative side. We use this information to be able to pay you for workshop/meeting days in your center and report to our funders that you are A-OK.
Next, the How-to:
1. Go to https://quarknet.i2u2.org/. Log in.
2. Click Edit tab.
3. Update the following page. It is rather long, so scroll down to see all the fields. Finally, SAVE.
Tip: Whenever you preview your post, the information in Groups (and Groups only....) is reset. I hope this will save a lot of frustrated re-editing of posts.
It is not hard to change your Username. Here are the steps:
- Log in
- Go to Community > Members.
- Find yourself, and click on your icon.
- Choose 'Edit' tab.
- Change the Username to whatever you like.
- Done (smile)
Here's how to add a newly created page as a menu item so it can be accessed easily by the group.
- Suppose we'd like to create a page called 'QuarkNet Fellows Test Page' and display it as a link in the menu 'QuarkNet Fellows Test Menu' in the group 'QuarkNet Fellows'.
- In the document Handling the Menu in your group pages, we already went through the steps to create the menu 'QuarkNet Fellows Test Menu'.
Step 1: Create a page within your group called 'QuarkNet Fellows Test Page.' Remember to set Groups audience to QuarkNet Fellows, and click SAVE.
Step 2: After creating the page, add a menu item for it.
- From the page, click Edit tab, and make sure 'Enable menu for this group' is clicked.
- Click Group tab, Menus, add link (QuarkNet Fellows Test Menu).
- Fill in 'Menu link title' and 'Path'. For Path, just open the newly created page in your browser in another tab, and copy/paste it into the textbox. Make sure Parent Link is the menu within the group (in this case, QuarkNet Fellows Test Menu). SAVE.
- The link to page 'QuarkNet Fellows Test Page' now appears in the menu 'QuarkNet Fellows Test Menu' in the group 'QuarkNet Fellows'.
1. Create the group.
- Log in
- From top menu, select Groups->Create new group.
- Fill in the form, and SAVE.
2. Add people.
- From main menu, Groups->All groups. Find your group, and go to it.
- Click 'Group' tab -> Add people.
- Fill in the next screen with information about the user. Click 'ADD USERS'.