LIGO e-Lab workshop template 2017
Participating teachers will be able to:
- Plot and interpret data recorded by LIGO seismic instruments; address limitations in the data.
- Make claims based on evidence from LIGO data and provide reasoning.
- Explain the importance of LIGO seismic data in a gravitiational wave search
- Use LIGO seismic data to demonstrate classical physics concepts
- Develop a plan to use material from the workshop in school.
Times and specific activities are subject to adjustment.
09:00 Coffee, Registration, Introduction
09:30 Gravitational Waves presentation
10:45 Interferometer activity
13:30 Exploration of LIGO e-Lab:
14:45 Search and analyze in data:
16:00 Review day
16:30 End of Day
09:15 Begin resreach
10:45 Continue research
11:30 Create posters
13:00 Poster presentations
14:45 Implementation discussion
15:15 Reflection: write/discuss
16:00 End of workshop