Create learning pathways using instructional activities based on Cosmic Ray, CMS or LIGO data in 3 engagement levels.
- 3 e-Labs—CMS, Cosmic Ray, LIGO—address ALL practices in Next Generation Science Standards.
- Cosmic Ray provides opportunity to join global student network & do original research.
- A teacher & 4 high school students join scientists for summer research.
- Data Camp: Week @ Fermilab for teachers to learn particle physics & develop instructional materials.
- Local sessions @ centers.
Teachers and a mentor discuss how QuarkNet empowers teachers to adopt new teaching strategies and how we train the next generation of scientists and non-scientists to think critically and understand the world around them. Students talk about their experience measuring muons with their cosmic ray detector.