2017 CMS Masterclass
- Meadowdale High led by James P. Landon <LandonJ@edmonds.wednet.edu>
- Intelake High led by Michael P O'Byrne<firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/ehgED9326oTQar7V8
- Analysis instructor: Prof. Shih-Chieh Hsu <email@example.com>
- Theory instructor: Dr. Michael Park <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Teaching Assistants:
Andrew Arbogast <email@example.com>
Kaifu Dennis Lam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mason Proffitt <email@example.com>
Anni Xiong <firstname.lastname@example.org>
John Kruper <email@example.com>
Pak Kau Lim <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- CENPA Tour: Prof. Alejandro Garcia <email@example.com>, Eric Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Physics and Astronomy Building B176 & B180 MasterclassMap2017_info.pdf
- Transportation: When you enter the campus at West Gatehouse (near 15th Ave and NE 40th Street), pull up to the kiosk and ask for parking close to Physics and Astoronmy building. You should use passcode "QuarkNet" without additional payment. They should direct you to lots C1-C6, which are fairly close to the buildings. For complete details on UW parking, see the parking info page.
- Each student is required to go through following pre-lectures and carry out assignments before coming to the masterclass.
- Analysis (iSpy-webgl and CIMA)
- Instruction [4'54"]: https://www.screencast.com/t/SLQyyXy8
- Assignment: follow the intruction and reproduce the analysis. Using Sandbox2017 in CIMA for practice.
Schedule & Resources
Reuqirement:8:30am Regsitration9:00am Safety/introduction (Hsu)10:30am Particle Physics introduction (Dr. Michael Park)11:00am Masterclass Analysis tutorial (Prof. Shih-Chieh Hsu)
- Analyze masterclss_sample in the iSpy-webgl
- Use Sandbox2017 in CIMA for anlaysis log
- Useful resources:cmsanalysis2017_v0.pdf11:30am Hands-on analysis
- Event display: iSpy-webgl
- Analysis log: CIMA
- Higgs logbook: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7KhsI6ev2Sn9B9p3xF22yvVEFGRzFdAh4NAS0Plepo/edit?usp=sharing
- Useful resources:cmscheat_wzh16_v0.pdf12:00pm Lunch in PAB B114 (prepare your own lunch)1:30pm Discussion (Hsu)2:30pm Summary
- Each student needs to finish the Pre-lecture assignment before coming to UW.
- Each student needs to bring his/her own laptop to UW.
- It's fine for two students to share one laptop alghough you will find it is easier to use two laptops in each group.
- Each student needs to prepare their own lunch bag (Sorry. No microwave availalbe).
- Due to timezone difference (we need to join the vidyo conference in midwest time), we will quite likely work on our lunch during analysis.
- iSpy-webgl shows CMS events
- CIMA will log our analysis of each event
- Dataset assignment
- Select the assigned dataset: 41-70
- Reigster your team: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7KhsI6ev2Sn9B9p3xF22yvVEFGRzFdAh4NAS0Plepo/edit?usp=sharing
- Local Preparation
- Teacher Orientation Feb 4 2017 [indico]
- Teaching Assitant Orientation Mar 4 2017
- For Local Organizer: https://www.physicsmasterclasses.org/downloads/manual_local_organizers_2017_02_16.pdf
- CMS Masterclass 2017 documents https://quarknet.i2u2.org/page/cms-masterclass-2017-documentation
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/InternationalParticlePhysicsMasterclasses/
- TWITTER https://twitter.com/physicsIMC
- Press Relese www.physicsmasterclasses.org/index.php?cat=local_organisation&page=organisation