2022 NOvA Masterclass Pilot @ Univ. of Minnesota
Saturday, April 23, 2022 9:00 AM - ~3:00 PM
University of Minnesota - Physics and Nanotechnology Building (map), Room 110
Small URL for this page: https://tinyurl.com/novamc22
09:00 AM Welcome, sign-in and ice-breaker
09:30 AM Tour: Clean room @ PAN
11:00 AM Opening activity (Shane): Setting the stage
- From the big...to the small
- What is Physics? (map & video-to watch later)
…from Dominic Walliman and Born to Engineer…and accompanying questions?
- Standard Model of particle physics
- NOvA image, Fermilab Accelerator Complex, Fermilab (pic from above)
- Video: How to Make a Neutrino Beam
- What is a masterclass? Survey info.
11:30 AM NOvA Masterclass Measurement - Part 1 (Greg)
- FarDet Landing Page
- Far Event Lengths (Google Sheet/copy - Mike)
- Github link
- Near/far activity, inverse sq. law vid - use during talk (Shane)
12:30 PM LUNCH - provided
- "Lunch with a physicist/grad student"
- Cool demos
- ...and this is when you eat!
1:30 PM NOvA Masterclass Measurement - Part 2 (Mike)
2:30 PM Q&A, Closing discussion, survey (will be on paper)
~3:00 PM End of Day