Connecting to Vidyo
- Using a computer
Make sure your computer has
- robust internet connection.
- microphone (echo-canceling best, noise-canceling good. Relatively new computers and software typically have these built in. But that can sometime be defeated by plugging in separate speakers or microphones).
- speakers with enough amplification that all in your room can hear.
Connect to Vidyo meeting URL:
- Find the Virtual Center Indico page at http://indico.cern.ch/event/virtual_qn_rm
- Choose "Join now!"
Join the meeting:
- If you have a CERN computer account, you can use your credentials to log in.
- Anyone can log in as a Guest.
- If your computer is connecting to Vidyo for the first time, you will be prompted to download the client. Please do so.
The Vidyo window will appear. Enjoy the meeting!
Using an H.323 (Polycom or equivalent) device
To call into a meeting, dial in the IP address of a Vidyo gateway:
- CERN: vidyogw1.cern.ch (126.96.36.199).
- Internet2 (Ann Arbor): cern-vidyo-gateway0.internet2.edu (188.8.131.52).
Dial in the Vidyo Room extension 180794 (?) followed by the # key. Find the Vidyo meeting extension; explanation here.
For additional information, contact email@example.com.