|All Years - Mentors shall be responsible for...
- Annual budgets, MOUs, and end-of-year reports for their centers.
- Coordination with QuarkNet staff.
- Providing information for program evaluation.
|Year 1 - Mentors shall be responsible for...
- Recruiting two lead teachers.
- Mentoring lead teacher for an eight-week summer research appointment.
- Working with the lead teachers to plan a year-2 three-week local institute for the assoicate teachers.
- Working with the lead teachers to recruit year-2 teachers.
Year 2 - During the second year on average five new teachers will join each group bringing the total to seven at each Center. Mentors shall be responsible for...
- Working with the lead teachers to offer the year-2 institute.
- Planning with the teachers how they will continue the collaboration. For example, this could mean regular network meetings during the school year or it might mean getting together each summer.
|Years 3+ - Beyond the second year, mentors shall be responsible for...
- Sharing responsibilities for organizing 30 teacher-days of QuarkNet collaboration meetings (These could range from a one-week workshop to academic-year, evening meetings.).
- Attending QuarkNet collaboration meetings.
- Nominating teachers for Data Camp and informing teachers of other opportunities.