U of M Cosmic Ray Workshops - Fall 2021
September 25 & ??, 2021
Wayzata High School (link to Google Map), Room A106
Enter through the main door (this is the second floor). Turn right. You will see a staircase to the right. Go down one flight of stairs. A106 is on your right.
Small URL for this page: https://tinyurl.com/mncosmic21
Saturday, September 25
8:30 Opening Session, Karin
- Registration - Only if you didn't register this summer (Summer 2021)
- Anyone need an e-Lab account? (Shane can create one for you.)
- Check-in (whip around)
- Overview of experiments that can be done with CRMD.
9:00 Cosmic Ray Studies (Mark Adams connects via Zoom)
- Unpack and connect detectors
- Pick and experiment/activity to start/try.
- Collect and upload data.
10:30 Share-Out (Shane)
11:00 What's next? (Shane)
- What studies could be done at school?
- Partner with another school?
- Future half-day workshop?
11:30 Survey - ONLY if you did not complete this summer (summer 2021)
End for today
- Greg Pawloski, MN Mentor
- Jon Anderson, MN Lead Teacher
- Karin Foss, MN Lead Teacher
- Mark Adams, QN Staff (head of QuarkNet Cosmic Ray program)
- Dave Hoppert, QN Cosmic Ray Support, FNAL
- Shane Wood, QN Staff