Cosmic Ray Workshop at Hillside School, Addis Ababa
22-23 August, 2016
Compact URL for this page: http://tiny.cc/cr16hillside.
- Read ahead: Cosmic Extremes
- Download EQUIP and USB-UART driver.
- Explore Cosmic Ray e-Lab on your own
- Request cosmic ray e-Lab account
- Consult punch list: be sure we have all we need
- Each teacher is able to use the cosmic ray detector or the cosmic ray e-Lab in a simple activity with students.
- Teachers can plan and do cosmic ray research with students.
- Teachers begin a plan for continued work together.
|Monday 22 August||Tuesday 23 August|
11:00 Welcome and Registration
11:15 Introduction to Cosmic Rays (Dr. Tilahun Tesfaye)
13:00 Cosmic Ray Detector demonstration
14:00 Brief introduction to the Cosmic Ray e-Lab
15:00 New Detector construction and commisioning
17:00 Set up detector for special overnight data-taking
17:30 Reflections on the day
17:45 close for day
11:00 Muon lifetime activity (plots)
11:30 Detector performance check
13:00 Upload and analyze data
13:30 Review posters in Cosmic Ray e-Lab
15:30 Create posters
16:00 Poster presentations
17:00 Reflection and Evaluation
17:15 Final data uploads, pack up detectors
17:30 end of workshop
Most resources you need are found in the Cosmic Ray e-Lab.
Follow the path Student Home > Library > Resources.
Here are a few addtional resources:
- Go to Cosmic Ray e-Lab
- Go to Student Home; log with your credentials or as a guest
- Go to Library and then Resources
- Find link under CRMD Data Collection and follow
- Download EQUiP and uncompress
- Read README
- Go to Silicon Labs CP-210x page
- Find OS for youir computer and choose download link