Create and Edit a Document or Page
"Welcome to this editing lesson on the QuarkNet site," said the Eurasian coot. The coot continued...
Follow along as I create a document in the QuarkNet site. The steps to create a page are similar.
1. Go to your group.
This group is "How to...", and here is how I found it:
and then choose the group by clicking on it:
2. Click on the Document link in the "Add Content" box.
3. Using the controls at the top of the document Body, one can write and edit pretty much like in a word processor. Alternatively, by clicking 'Source', one can use HTML directly.
a.) FONT: Make text bold, colorized, italicized, or underlined.
One can even strike through it.
Justify to the left, or
to the right.
c.) BULLETED LIST:
- Justify to the left, or
- center, or
- to the right.
d.) NUMBERED LIST:
- To create a link, type some text - in this instance, about CERN.
- Highlight that text (CERN, in this case).
- Choose the link icon at the top.
- Put in a URL and choose OK....viola!
e.) LINK TO CERN:
First click on the link icon.
Then fill in the URL in the pop-up box, and click OK.
Now, we have a link to CERN.
First click on the table icon.
In the pop-up, choose 3 rows, 4 columns, 1st row as header, border 1, cellpadding 1, cell spacing 1, width 600:
We get this after filling in the table with some content:
4. Finally, choose the Save button at the bottom. The document will be in the group.
Have questions? E-mail the coot.