ATLAS Masterclass Orientation Update Outline
Tiny URL for this page: http://tinyurl.com/atl-imc-update16.
Hypatia web display is unchanged. Remind mentors and teachers that it needs to be installed on each machine the students will use thus:
- Download from http://hypatia.phys.uoa.gr/Downloads/HYPATIA/Hypatia_7.4_Masterclass.zip to the machine itself or to a USB drive.
- Unzip the file into a folder.
- Go to the ATLAS page at /page/atlas-z-path-measurement-2016, find the appropriate data group, and choose it. Enter the login and password.
- Download the appropriate data.
- Hypatia should end up on the desktop of each student machine with one dataset, either by direct download or distribuing it with a USB drive.
Run through some events together in Hypatia. Be sure to save results by choosing File > Export Invariant Masses in the Invariant Mass Window.
Upload and examine results:
- Go to OPlot at http://cernmasterclass.uio.no/OPloT-US/. Make sure you use the "US" version.
- Log in as a student, find an appropriate day, and upload the data. For orientations, you can use 2016-Jan-01.
- Go through some of the plots to reminnd those present.
- OPloT currently needs updating.
- The website is reachable from http://www.physicsmasterclasses.org.
- Go to the Z-path. This is being updated but the old version will suffice until then.
- Located at http://tinyurl.com/mc2016lib (long URL is /page/masterclass-library-project-map-2016)
- Most items in place, still developing
- Key features:
- Classroom Preparation
- ATLAS page
- ATLAS documentation (via ATLAS page)
- Videoconferences page
- Show pages and explain, briefly, how they are useful.
- Audio - most important
- Share desktop, be sure they can read it
- Remind users that they should mute when not broadcasting, log in 15 min before videocon