This page is to help to guide mentors and teachers in planning the masterclass videoconference.
Make sure your computer has
- a robust internet connection.
- microphone (echo-canceling best, noise-canceling good).
- speakers with enough amplification that all in your room can hear.
Connect to Vidyo meeting URL:
- For CERN-moderated videoconferences, link directly to:
- For Fermilab-moderated videoconferences, find links to Indico pages in the Videoconference section of the Masterclass Library for the current year; connect from Indico (see the box below).
|Using Vidyo from a CERN Indico page|
The QuarkNet Masterclass video conferences will access pre-arranged Vidyo sessions via Indico. Each Masterclass Institute will be given the URL to the Indico page for their video conference.
To join Vidyo:
Join the meeting:
If your computer is connecting to Vidyo for the first time, you will be prompted to download the client. Please do so.
The Vidyo window will appear.
Alternative path: Vidyo may come up embedded in your browser, in which case you run it from there.
Enjoy the meeting:
To call into a meeting, dial in the IP address of a Vidyo gateway:
- CERN: vidyogw1.cern.ch (126.96.36.199).
- Internet2 (Ann Arbor): cern-vidyo-gateway0.internet2.edu (188.8.131.52).
Dial in the Vidyo Room extension followed by the # key.
For additional information, contact email@example.com.