Connecting with Vidyo
Vidyo is the videoconference system used in International Masterclasses.
|Go to:||Masterclass Library Pages:
Using a computer
Make sure your computer has
- a robust internet connection.
- microphone (echo-canceling best, noise-canceling good).
- speakers with enough amplification that all in your room can hear.
Connect to Vidyo meeting URL:
- For CERN-moderated videoconferences, link directly to:
- For Fermilab-moderated videoconferences, find links to Indico pages (coming soon); connect from Indico (see the box below).
|Using Vidyo from a CERN Indico page|
The QuarkNet Masterclass video conferences will access pre-arranged Vidyo sessions via Indico. Each Masterclass Institute will be given the URL to the Indico page for their video conference.
To join Vidyo:
Further instructions are below.
Join the meeting:
- If you have a CERN computer account, you can use your credentials to log in.
- Anyone can log in as a Guest.
If your computer is connecting to Vidyo for the first time, you will be prompted to download the client. Please do so.
The Vidyo window will appear. Enjoy the meeting:
Using an H.323 (Polycom or equivalent) device
To call into a meeting, dial in the IP address of a Vidyo gateway:
- CERN: vidyogw1.cern.ch (184.108.40.206).
- Internet2 (Ann Arbor): cern-vidyo-gateway0.internet2.edu (220.127.116.11).
Dial in the Vidyo Room extension followed by the # key.
For additional information, contact [email protected].