2017 LIGO e-Lab Workshop @ Washington
August 14-15, 2017
Physics & Astronomy Building (PAB) B248
Participating teachers will be able to:
- Plot and interpret data recorded by LIGO seismic instruments; address limitations in the data.
- Make claims based on evidence from LIGO data and provide reasoning.
- Explain the importance of LIGO seismic data in a gravitiational wave search
- Use LIGO seismic data to demonstrate classical physics concepts
- Develop a plan to use material from the workshop in school.
Times and specific activities are subject to adjustment.
Day 1 - Monday, 14 August
09:00 Registration (if not done
09:30 Talk: LIGO, Grav. Waves
10:45 Graviational Waves Review
13:30 Exploration of LIGO e-Lab:
14:45 Search and analyze in data:
16:00 Review day
16:30 End of Day
Day 2 - Tuesday, 15 August
09:00 Morning Reflection
09:15 Begin resreach
10:45 Continue research
11:30 Create posters
13:30 Poster presentations
14:15 Implementation discussion
14:45 Reflection: write/discuss
15:30 End of workshop