Provide Information for Program Evaluation - We report all data to funders anonymously in annual reports. Since funding depends on participant cooperation, it is essential for participants to respond to the following. Responsibility is spread over several data collection methods so that in any given year a participant may not be asked to provide anything while others may be asked to provide forms or feedback for more than one activity.
- Teacher Survey: if randomly selected, complete online form (Spring). A lottery is conducted for teachers who complete forms. Winners are selected from the first 50% and from the final group completing forms.
- QuarkNet Site Visits: Each year from four to eight centers are selected for review by evaluators and leadership fellows. Teacher responsibilities include:
- participating in onsite interviews during summer institutes.
- classroom visits when implementing QuarkNet-related topics and activities (2-4 teachers will be selected).
- participating in a short telephone interview if no classroom visit (spring or early summer the following year).
- Boot Camp Participants: Pre- and Post-test, participant feedback form
- Workshop (T&L, LHC, e-lab) Participants: participant feedback form
- Masterclass Participants: complete teacher form while students are completing a student form (at the end of masterclass)