ATLAS Data Workshop at Penn
Participating teachers will:
- Apply classical physics principles to reduce or explain the observations in data investigations.
- Identify and describe ways that data are organized for determining any patterns that may exist in the data.
- Create, organize and interpret data plots; make claims based on evidence and provide explanations; identify data limitations.
- Develop a plan for taking students from their current level of data use to subsequent levels using activities and/or ideas from the workshop.
We will also provide opportunities to engage in critical dialogue among teaching colleagues about what they learn in the workshop.
Wednesday 3 August 2016
09:30 Coffee, Registration.and Introductions
10:00 Presentation on SNO (Rick Van Berg)
13:15 Level I Data Portfolio Activities
16:00 Reflections; Implementation Discussion
16:15 QN Teacher Survey
16:30 End of day
Thursday 4 August 2016
09:30 Coffee and recap
10:00 ATLAS Virtual Visit
10:30 ATLAS Z-path Measurement
13:00 Discussion and Reflection
13:30 Follow-on to Masterclass
14:30 Implementation plans
15:30 End of workshop
- Preflight checklist for center leaders
- International Masterclasses
- Masterclass Library
- Symphony of Science
- ATLAS Boogie
- ATLAS Virtual Visits