MINERvA Neutrino Masterclass Student Start Page
Small URL for this page: http://tiny.cc/mmc-go.
Step 0: To start the MINERvA masterclass measurement, you need the following information:
- Name of your institute (usually the city)
- Date in the Fermilab time zone (U.S. Central Time)
- Data Group letter
- Data mergedTuple number
Here are some useful resources to help you:
Step 1: Find your Institute, Data Group, and Spreadsheet in this table:
|Date/time CT||Institute (Data Group)||Institute (Data Group)||Institute (Data Group)||Institute (Data Group)||Institute (Data Group)||Spreadsheet|
|Thu 12 Mar/11:30||Rochester (A)||FNAL-12Mar2020|
|Thu 19 Mar 10:00||Abingdon (B)||Genoa (C)||Manchester (D)||FNAL-19Mar2020|
|Sat 21 Mar/14:00||Mayaguez (F)||FNAL-21Mar2020|
|Thu 02 Apr/10:00||Amman (G)||Genoa (E)||Valencia (F)||FNAL-02Apr2020A|
|Thu 02 Apr/09:00||Barranquilla (A)||Lead (B)||New York (C)||Notre Dame (D)||Salt Lake City (E)||FNAL-02Apr2020B|
|Sat 04 Apr/15:00||Minneapolis (F)||Piscataway (G)||Westerville (A)||FNAL-04Apr2020|
Step 2: Open your Data Group by chooing the letter and find your mergedTuple by its number.
Step 3: Choose your mergedTuple to open the ARACHNE Simple event display. It will start with your first Gate (also called an Entry; ummm, think of each one as an "Entry Gate" to data in a specific time range). By the way, the first Entry Gate is marked Entry 0.
- There is some "fake data" in the beginning of the first mergedTuple for each Data Group in the spreadsheet. It is simply a placeholder. You may (should) write over this when you put your own data in.
- Please enter data only in the space provided: under "Muon" and "Proton". All other space is needed for other purposes. Columns A and B are meant to guide you to the correct lines. Column O and beyond contain formulae and charts that depend on what you enter in Colums C-N.
- Never enter anything but data into the spreadsheet. It is an open sheet set up for numerical analysis. Addition of non-numerical data can ruin the calculations and plots. Putting the wrong or right things in the wrong places can do the same. Please be careful: you are entrusted with a spreadsheet that you share with many other students who depend on it.
Survey - do at the end!
Please take this student survey online after the videoconference. Each student should take this individually.