MINERvA Neutrino Masterclass Student Start Page
Small URL for this page: http://tiny.cc/mmc-go.
Step 0: To start the MINERvA masterclass measurement, you need the following information:
- Name of your institute (usually the city)
- Date in the Fermilab time zone (U.S. Central Time)
- Data Group letter
- Data mergedTuple number
Here are some useful resources to help you:
Step 1: Find your Institute, Data Group, and Spreadsheet in this table:
|Date/time CT||Institute (Data Group)||Institute (Data Group)||Institute (Data)||Spreadsheet|
|Tue 01 Jan/00:00||North Pole Practice Team (P)||FNAL-01Jan2019|
|Thu 14 Mar/11:45||Rochester (A)||Syracuse (E)||FNAL-14Mar2019|
|Fri 29 Mar 15:00||Barranquilla (B)||Lead (C)||FNAL-29Mar2019|
|Fri 29 Mar 21:00||Qingdao (D)||FNAL-29Mar2019|
|Sat 06 Apr/14:00||Fairfax (D)||Mayaguez (F, G)||Knoxville (E)||FNAL-06Apr2019A|
|Sat 06 Apr/16:00||Minneapolis (G)||Fort Collins (E)||FNAL-06Apr2019B|
|Thu 11 Apr/09:00||Valencia (C, D)||FNAL-11Apr2019|
|Thu 11 Apr/15:00||Batavia (F)||FNAL-11Apr2019|
Step 2: Open your Data Group by chooing the letter and find your mergedTuple by its number.
Step 3: Choose your mergedTuple to open the ARACHNE Simple event display. It will start with your first Gate (also called an Entry; ummm, think of each one as an "Entry Gate" to data in a specific time range). By the way, the first Entry Gate is marked Entry 0.
- There is some "fake data" in the beginning of the first mergedTuple for each Data Group in the spreadsheet. It is simply a placeholder. You may (should) write over this when you put your own data in.
- Please enter data only in the space provided: under "Muon" and "Proton". All other space is needed for other purposes. Columns A and B are meant to guide you to the correct lines. Column O and beyond contain formulae and charts that depend on what you enter in Colums C-N.
- Never enter anything but data into the spreadsheet. It is an open sheet set up for numerical analysis. Addition of non-numerical data can ruin the calculations and plots. Putting the wrong or right things in the wrong places can do the same. Please be careful: you are entrusted with a spreadsheet that you share with many other students who depend on it.
Survey - do at the end!
Please take this student survey online after the videoconference. Each student should take this individually.