QuarkNet Fellows Group
Submitted by kcecire
on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 10:42
This document is for Mentors, Lead Teachers and Facilitators. Please provide time during the workshop for teachers at your QuarkNet program to do the following:
Outline of "Must Do" items:
- Update profile on QuarkNet.org
- Post implementation plans on agenda page (Required for national workshops; strongly recommended for local workshops)
- Complete Full Teacher Survey or Teacher Survey Update
- Sign in
QuarkNet Lead Teacher Mini-Workshop
May 15, 2021
1-4pm ET, 12-3pm CT, 11am-2pm MT, 10am-1pm PT
Zoom link (see below for full Zoom information): https://notredame.zoom.us/j/97462717311?pwd=SWs1SVRYcVRUVnFVZ3FzTlZ4RSszZz09
QuarkNet fellows are teacher leaders within the QuarkNet Collaboration who work with staff as force multipliers for engagement with the centers and their teachers. In general, a fellow serves at least one term of three years. Serving multiple terms is possible and in some cases desirable. Collectively, fellows assist staff by:
Prior to Camp
- The “Swim Test:”
- Complete assigned reading
- Watch instructional videos
- Complete simple coding tasks using a Jupyter notebook
- Procure all needed hardware
- Make arrangements to be open and available for AM and PM work sessions
May 15-17, 2020
- Describe best practices and identify personal strengths and areas for improvement.
- Implementation Plans:
- Describe the goals of the implementation plan.
- Make and share an exemplar implementation plan.
- Create and edit a workshop agenda within the proper QuarkNet.org groups based on agenda templates.
- Provide an agenda for a virtual workshop.
27 February 2020
This document is still under review and not finalized.
Be a facilitator NOT a lecturer.
Immerse teachers in a balance of scientific content and process.
Focus on habits of mind, real world science, depth rather than breadth.
Use methods you want teachers to use in the classroom, guided inquiry techniques.