16 October 2019
Page Navigation: Notes Vidyo Tests Schedule Plan Questions
To participate in a videoconference, a group must register and be scheduled. Registration is now closed. To request an exception, contact the coordinator directly.
Notes and Instructions:
- Videoconferences will use Vidyo. For instructions on how to use Vidyo, please go to the Masterclass Library Vidyo page.
- Videoconference connections will be made using the link from the World Wide Data Day Indico page.
- Students do not need to report results in the videoconference. Rather, they should prepare short comments on how the measurement went, any surpises they found, or questions they have about the measurement. This short (~2 min) report is followed by moderators comments on the results so far and a Q&A. Please see the Videoconference Plan below.
- Prior to the videoconference, the teacher should help the students prepare questions and comments indicated in item 3 above. The teacher or a designee should also connect 5 min early to the videoconference to deal with any potential problems with the connection.
Each participating group must have a Vidyo test to ensure a good connection on World Wide Data Day. The quality of the connection is critical to the success of the videoconference, which is the forum in which students connect with physicists and encounter the combined results.
Vidyo Test Procedure:
- No need to sign up. Just "show up" at one of the dates and time slots below. (Note: the test takes only 10-15 min; you can join Vidyo anytime during the time slot.)
- Set up for your test, using the same device, the same room, and the same internet connection you will use on World Wide Data Day.
- On the day of your test and sometime in your time slot, go to the World Wide Data Day 2019 Indico page, choose the Join button and follow the instructions.
For more detailed instructions on Vidyo, see the Masterclass Library Vidyo page.
Here is the current schedule:
- Tue 08 Oct, 13:00-14:30 UTC and 17:00-19:00 UTC
- Wed 09 Oct, 12:00-14:30 UTC and 18:30-20:00 UTC
- Thu 10 Oct, 12:00-16:00 UTC and 22:00-23:30 UTC
- Fri 11 Oct, 02:00-03:00 UTC and 14:00-16:00 UTC
To convert UTC to your local time, please use a good online Time Zone Converter.
Schedule of Videoconferences:
Unless otherwise noted. all videoconferences are via the Vidyo connection at the World Wide Data Day Indico page. This schedule is subject to modification.
|Time (UTC)||ATLAS Institutes||CMS Institutes||Moderators||Staff|
|07:00-07:30||Svishtov A, Singapore||Gozzelino||Cecire|
|08:00-08:30||Castiglione di Stiviere, Hérouville Saint Clair*||Abreu||Cecire|
|10:30-11:00||Privas*||Kozloduy, Dupnitsa, Sofia||Abreu||Cecire|
|11:00-11:30||Reggio di Calabria*, Bakewell, Cosenza, Baltar||Junk||Cecire|
|11:30-12:00||Ramnes, Vibo Valentia, Cluj Napoca||Espinosa||Cecire|
|12:00-12:30||Porto, Benha*, Svishtov B, Ruse||Yu||Cecire|
|13:00-13:30||Split, Moimenta da Beira, Shoreview||Gozzelino||Cecire|
|14:30-15:00||Amarillo, Amman, Santiago de Chile*, Úbeda A, Funchal||Assamagan||Cecire, Wood|
|15:00-15:30||Torino, Burnaby*, Caldas da Rainha*||Gozzelino||Cecire, Wood|
* Vidyo test or equivalent completed.
- Mon 28 Oct, 00:30 UTC (Cecire) - Shanghai
- Mon 28 Oct, 12:30 UTC (Abreu, Cecire) - Manchester, Winamac, and Jerusalem
- Mon 28 Oct, 16:45 UTC (Abreu, Cecire) - Medford
- Wed 13 Nov, 11:00 UTC (Malik, Cecire) - Amman.
|0||5 min prior to start||Test connections, address problems|
|1||START||Introductions and Greetings|
|2||5 min after start||Student comments and questions on measurement|
|3||10 min after start||Moderators discuss overall results|
|4||15 min after start||Q&A|
|5||30 min after start||end|
* Times are flexible (except start) and not all videoconferences will take the full 30 minutes.