Signal and Noise: The Basics
Students analyze signals and noise first in audio and video forms and then look at signals and noise from physic measurements.
Mapping the Poles
Students explore some basics of magnetic fields that can be related to experimental particle physics.
Agenda for CMS E-Lab workshop@ Univ. of Iowa, July 9 and 10
July 9-10, 2018
Van Allen Hall
Participating teachers will be able to:
Last Day of the 2018 Workshop: The Friday Agenda
Agenda Last Day of the 2018 Workshop
9am Coffee, introductions
- inventory of Cosmic Ray Detectors (don't forget to bring yours!)
- set up in BRK120
9h15 Cosmic Ray Detectors - discussion on the Eclipse data and the potential of other measurements with CRs
2018 Neutrino Data Workshop Prototype at Rice University
Small URL for this page: https://tinyurl.com/nu2018rice
Agenda, Wednesday, June 27, 2018
2018 CMS Data Workshop at Rice University
June 25-26, 2018
Herman Brown Hall, Room 223
Tiny URL for this page: https://tinyurl.com/CMS2018rice.
Participating teachers will:
- Engineering process to design holders and mobile devices to detector mobility.
- Muon velocities
- Muon logivity
- Engineering design and robotic processes, building a mobile device to transport to locations.
- Introduction study into Electrostatics - Coulomb's Law
- Elevation detection of muons
- Material to slow muon detection
School implementation plan FHS Pratt
Use of Quarknet equipment and resources
1. Address measurement uncertainties through setup and data collection from a 24 hour run.
Time of flight analysis from 24 hour run data. Using distance, estimate average speed of particles.
Using known rest half-life, estimate depth in earth at which muon signal should disappear.
2018 Minnesota Neutrino Data Workshop Prototype
Small URL for this page: https://tinyurl.com/qn2018umn
Agenda, Wednesday, June 13, 2018 (Ken Cecire joining today)