MICA II Workshop in Santiago
Tiny URL for this page: http://tinyurl.com/mica2puc.
- gain knowledge and skills to successfully complete investigations using LHC data;
- interpret event displays from ATLAS and explain their meaning;
- conduct LHC investigations with students and successfully prepare them for masterclass; and
- assist mentors in organizing and facilitating a masterclass.
- exchange knowledge and skills in particle physics research.
- deepen the working relationship between Catolica and Notre Dame.
- are enabled to facilitate particle physics education and outreach activities.
- assist teachers in international collaboration.
Thursday 26 February 2015
16:30 Particle Physics Research Mini-Workshop (Indico page)
Friday 27 February 2015
09:30 Registration and greetings
10:00 Intro presentation (Marco Aurelio Diaz)
14:00 Cloud chamber construction and use
15:30 Organizational time
16:00 finished for day
Saturday 28 February 2015
10:00 LHC/ATLAS presentation (E. Carquin)
10:30 Particle Adventure (J. P. Ochoa)
11:00 All-hands examination of ATLAS events (slides)
11:30 ATLAS virtual visit
13:30 ATLAS Z-path measurement
14:30 Discussion of results
15:00 Organizational time and evaluation