02 December 2016
To participate in a videoconference, a group must register and be scheduled. Registration is now closed. To request an exception, contact the coordinator directly.
- Videoconferences will use Vidyo. For instructions on how to use Vidyo, please go to the Masterclass Library Vidyo page.
- Videoconference connections will be made using the link from the World Wide Data Day 2016 Indico page.
- Students do not need to report results in the videoconference. Rather, they should prepare short comments on how the measurement went, any surpises they found, or questions they have about the measurement. This short (~2 min) report is followed by moderators comments on the results so far and a Q&A. Please see the Videoconference Plan below.
- Prior to the videoconference, the teacher should help the students prepare questions and comments indicated in item 3 above. The teacher or a designee should also connect 5 min early to the videoconference to deal with any potential problems with the connection.
This schedule will also appear in the World Wide Data Day 2016 Indico page.
No more than four groups will be accepted per videconference.
|Time (UTC)||Moderating Institution (local time)||Participating Institutes (local time)||Measurement||Moderators|
|04:30||Adelaide (15:00)||Adelaide* (15:00), Fukuoka* (13:30)||CMS||Jackson|
|11:30||CERN (12:30)||Fermo (12:30), Norrtälje* (12:30), Almodôvar* (11:30)||ATLAS||Carli|
|12:00||CERN (13:00)||Attiki* (14:00),||ATLAS||Carli|
|12:30||CERN (13:30)||Athens* (14:30)||ATLAS||Carli|
|13:20||Mayaguez (09:20)||Lisboa Externato Marista (13:20), Rossville* (08:20)||ATLAS/CMS||Malik|
|14:00||Mayaguez (10:00)||Porto Luso-Frances* (14:00), Hérouville Saint Clair* (15:00)||CMS||Malik|
|14:40||Fermilab (08:40)||Winamac* (09:40), Lisboa Salesianos* (14:40), Porto-Casa-Mãe* (14:40)||CMS||James|
|15:30||CERN (16:30)||Madeira* (15:30)||ATLAS||David|
|16:10||CERN (17:10)||Águeda* (16:10)||CMS||David|
|17:30||Fermilab (11:30)||Medford* (12:30), Patuxent* (12:30)||CMS||Albrow|
|18:10||Fermilab (12:10)||Medellín (13:10)||ATLAS||Kreis|
|23:30||Notre Dame (18:30)||Shanghai (07:30, Dec 3)||CMS||Cecire|
* Vidyo test completed.
|0||5 min prior to start||Test connections, address problems|
|1||START||Introductions and Greetings|
|2||5 min after start||Student comments and questions on measurement|
|3||10 min after start||Moderators discuss overall results|
|4||15 min after start||Q&A|
|5||30 min after start||end|
* Times are flexible (except start) and not all videoconferences will take the full 30 minutes.