How to ...
Submitted by eperonja
on Monday, June 3, 2013 - 11:54
Steps to create different things in Drupal
You have a nice document like this one. Here is how you can add an image.
First, in Edit mode, choose the image icon:
You will get a pop-up box like this:
Do not type or paste in a URL unless it is from quarknet.org or i2u2. We do not want to tie up bandwidth that does not belong to us. Instead:
If you have created a page or document or if you make a comment, you can add or include a link to the text.. For most QuarkNet teachers, such pages, documents, and comments are in your center group.
Here is what you do:
Here is an example of a well-written annual report.
It's not hard to submit your own. Here's how:
- Log into the QuarkNet website.
- Go to your center QuarkNet group.
- Go to the "Add Content" box in the right sidebar, and find "Abstract" or "Annual Report". Choose one of these.
- Type in a title.
- Type in or copy and paste your abstract or report. If you prefer to upload it, go to the section called 'Files'. Click BROWSE -> 'Choose file' -> Choose -> UPLOAD -> NEXT.
- IMPORTANT: In the 'Groups audience' section, choose from the 'Your groups' drop down menu. If your group is not there, fill in the 'Other groups' box.
- SAVE, and you're done!
First, probing questions:
When should I update my profile?
I knew you'd ask that. You should update your profile:
- any time there is a change in your contact information, school status, etc.
- if you get or give up a cosmic ray detector, in which case you should edit that part of your profile.
You should also check it each spring before June 1 to be sure it is all correct and edit it if not.
I knew you'd ask that, too. Your profile information goes into a QuarkNet database that gives us your contact information, your school status, which cosmic ray detector you might have (by DAQ serial number), etc. Basically, all the stuff we need to keep you active in QuarkNet from the administrative side. We use this information to be able to pay you for workshop/meeting days in your center and report to our funders that you are A-OK.
Next, the How-to:
1. Go to https://quarknet.i2u2.org/. Log in.
2. Click Edit tab.
3. Update the following page. It is rather long, so scroll down to see all the fields. Finally, SAVE.
Tip: Whenever you preview your post, the information in Groups (and Groups only....) is reset. I hope this will save a lot of frustrated re-editing of posts.